Groups of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is associated with keeping and/or sharing particular web content on a hosting server run by a hosting distributor. There are various kinds of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's survey these. Doing so, you can determine what you need, based on whether you'd like to have a blog, mail aliases, or to share files with friends and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service delivered by various vendors, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting services frequently involve adverts beside the download links, while a timer compels you to await a specific amount of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a completely distorted explanation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would divide the tasks at hand between separate sets of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web hosting services (electronic mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific firms offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting brand is good if you would like to share a big quantity of pics with comrades or colleagues since the solution is usually free of charge. You will receive a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to managing your e-mail addresses. Some providers offer web space hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to create a mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can create mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred website viewers, you may have trouble with your web site hosting reserves. Embedding the video will enable you to utilize as many video files as you want without bothering about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to possess a website. To a certain degree, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting variants since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and e-mail accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At freeyengo, for example, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that permit you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the standard email/file/video/image hosting packages that are created for specific web content solely.